Why Hire a CMBA Member
Hiring a Contractor? Do Your Homework
One of CMBA’s top priorities is to educate consumers about finding and working with dependable contractors. Doing your homework can make all the difference in the success of your project.
- One way to ensure you have found a reliable, well-trained professional is to simply ask, "Do you belong to the Central Minnesota Builders Association?"
- Get referrals from neighbors, friends and family. Some of the best contractors get all their business by word of mouth.
- Explore our website to identify builders or remodelers listed in the Member Directory tab.
- Interview 3-5 prospects.
- Verify your contractor’s background and check references – contact their materials suppliers, make sure they're licensed by visiting the Department of Labor and Industry website, call recent customers.
- Nail down the contract – get all the details in writing.
Why should I hire a CMBA member?
The best professionals tend to join their industry associations. They seek opportunities to learn as much as they can about their industry and to stay on top of current events and issues, as well as to participate in industry-specific training and network with their peers. They join to give back to their industry and communities by participating in volunteer service efforts. They also join as agents of change, working to shape legislative and regulatory policies that support the housing industry. They find all this, and more, through CMBA membership.
CMBA members make a difference in Central Minnesota
- CMBA members promote housing by working against regulatory barriers to affordability and advocating efficient land use and development policies.
- CMBA members work to support Central Minnesota’s economic growth and quality of life while also protecting the environment.
- CMBA members are a part of the community fabric. Their children attend local schools; they shop in local stores and participate in community activities.
- CMBA members actively support efforts to strengthen Central Minnesota laws that protect homeowners.
- CMBA members educate the next generation of building professionals through the Tools for Schools Fund with the Initiative Foundation.
Why hiring a CMBA member is to your advantage
- CMBA members are the best. Members subscribe to a code of ethics, are licensed where required and continually seek to increase their skills and knowledge.
- CMBA members have connections. Members are plugged in to a network of subcontractors and suppliers, which help reduce costs, speed project completion and mitigate project risks.
- CMBA members are well trained. Members take professional development courses to hone their skills.
- CMBA members are well informed. Members keep abreast of developments in their industry through state and national trade publications including the CMBA On The Level, pamphlets, brochures, manuals and manufacturers' seminars.
- CMBA members know technology. Members are conversant with the newest products and their application.
CMBA members are insured. Membership in the Central Minnesota Builders Association requires the maintenance of liability coverage and workers compensation insurance where appropriate.