• Where does your family spend the most time together?
• How do you entertain?
• Do you spend a great deal of time in the kitchen?
• How important are formal living areas to you?
• Do you need a study/office?
• Is your lot large enough to accommodate your new home?
• Check set back requirements for your area.
• Driveway access.
General Requirements for Your New Home
• Square footage.
• Architectural style - two story, rambler, multilevel, etc.
• Roof pitch.
• Basement, crawl space, or slab on grade.
• Garage - two or three stall.
• How many baths.
• Window style - casement, double hung, slide-by.
• Door style - flush, panel, French, pocket.
• How many bedrooms.
• In which rooms do you want fireplaces?
• Deck, screen porch, three season porch, or four season porch.
Specific Room Requirements
• Will the kitchen typically be used for serious meal preparation, or quick, convenient meals?
• Will you eat in the dining area or do you want a breakfast counter with stools?
• Do you want a large or small kitchen?
• Do you want an island or peninsula?
• Do you want a standard pantry or walk-in pantry?
• Style of cabinets.
• What types of appliances will be in the kitchen and where do you want them located?
Master Bedroom Suite
• On first or second floor?
• Patio or deck access?
• Sitting area?
• Closet access from bedroom, bath, or dressing area?
• Whirlpool or bath tub?
• Shower for one or two?
• Vanity or pedestal lav?