One Membership for 3 Associations; membership benfits with the
CMBA listed below also includes full membership benefits with the
Association of Home Builders (NAHB) and Builders
Association of Minnesota (BAM).
• LOBBY EFFORTS - Full time lobbyist working at the state,
national and local levels.
• NAHB MEMBER BENEFITS -
• INSURANCE BENEFITS - For members only; General Liability
Insurance, created to provide a better general liability insurance
option at a more affordable price than the market is currently providing.
The Builders Group (TBG), the largest writer of construction related
workers' compensation insurance in Minnesota. Property Casualty
Insurance is an endorsed competitive and comprehensive insurance
program for the construction industry.
• HOMESHOW - Exhibit to 5,000 - 10,000 potential customers
at the annual HomeShow in March. Advertise in the official HomeShow/Tour
of Homes magazine.
• TOUR OF HOMES - Builders show their workmanship and market
their homes at the largest open house event in Central Minnesota.
The annual Tours take place in March and September. Suppliers are
able to display their products in these new homes for added exposure.
Advertising in the official Tour of Homes magazine is also available
for members only.
• FREE ADVERTISING – As a new member, get over $1000
worth of free advertising from CMBA members (newspaper & radio.)
Only members are allowed to advertise in the CMBA On the Level and
the HomeShow and Tour of Homes magazine.
• BUILDERS LICENSING - Keep up-to-date on builders/remodelers
licensing requirements and receive membership discounts on continued
education offered by CMBA.
• EDUCATIONAL SEMINARS - 10-14 free continuing education
credits for member builders and at a discounted rate to non-member
builders throughout the year.
• DAILY REFERRALS - CMBA gives daily referrals via the phone
and web site.
• MEMBERSHIP MEETINGS - Meet and network with approximately
80-100 members affiliated with the building industry. Meetings are
held on the second Wednesday of the month.
• MEETING SPONSOR - Be the sponsor of a General Membership,
Remodelers Council or Commercial Builders Council meeting and display
your product(s) during the membership meeting social hour. Receive
recognition in the monthly CMBA magazine On the Level along with
an opportunity to address the members during the meeting.
• MEMBERSHIP ROSTER - Your company’s name, contact
person and phone number is listed in the CMBA magazine On the Level
for builders and others to use for contacts. Your company is also
listed in the membership directory at CMBAonline.org with a direct
link to your company’s web site.
• MONTHLY PUBLICATIONS - Receive the CMBA monthly magazine
On The Level announcing upcoming events, association activities,
and articles pertinent to the building industry. Also, receive monthly
publications from the National Association of Home Builders and
the Builders Association of Minnesota, along with Builder magazine
free to all builders.
• SPONSORSHIP OPPORTUNITIES - Promote your company by sponsoring
a CMBA event.
• LABELS - Receive over 400 mailing labels with all CMBA
members’ names and addresses for just $100. The first set
of labels is free to new members upon request.
• BUILDERS’ CONTRACTS - CMBA has compiled a book of
47 different documents such as pre-contract forms, mechanic's lien
notices, and inspection and acceptance. The first set of contracts
is available free to CMBA members. Additional sets are available
for $50 each.
• PROFESSIONAL LOGO - Promote your professionalism in your
industry by using camera-ready logo artwork in your advertising
and display membership certificates at your place of business.
• LIBRARY - Members have access to the CMBA library, which
contains many publications related to the building industry, as
well as OSHA safety videos. NAHB has the largest building related
library in the world.
• SPECIAL EVENTS - Participate in the many special CMBA events
such as the Annual Family Picnic in June, the Annual Golf Outing
in July, and the Holiday Christmas Party in December.
• REMODELERS COUNCIL - attend three council meetings per
year recieve recognition as a council member. The Remodelers Council
is an organization of remodeler and industry specialists who are
dedicated to promoting professionalism, excellence and public awareness.
• COMMERCIAL BUILDERS COUNCIL- attend three council meetings
per year recieve recognition as a council member. CBC is an organization
of light commercial industry specialists who are dedicated to promoting
professionalism, excellence and public awareness.
• CMBA WEBSITE - Consumers looking for a contractor/supplier/subcontractor
can find contacts of members on the CMBA web site. www.cmbaonline.org.
Member web sites are linked at no charge.
• BANNER ADVERTISING - Place a banner ad on the web site.
and weekly CMBA email messages. Link directly to your web site.
• COMMUNITY SERVICES - CMBA is committed to serving its community.
Examples are: scholarships, contributions to Habitat for Humanity,
donations to the MN food shelves, working with area parks departments,
HomeBuilders Care Program, Homes of Our Own Program